webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen> Microsoft’s Hyper-V VPS and Parallels’ Virtuozzo VPS are the two leading platforms for VPS server hosting market today. Both these virtualization solutions have maintained their position offering similar yet distinguished ways to compartmentalize servers in order to give users the control and privacy they need. Hyper-V VPS hosting uses a hypervisor technology, where a server is split into several isolated sections or ‘virtual machines’. VPS Virtuozzo uses operating system-level or container-based virtualization. Here, we will do a VPS hosting comparison to understand both the technologies in and out.
VPS Hosting Comparison—How does Hyper-V work?
Microsoft’s Hyper-V VPS uses a hypervisor-based technology that splits a server into various isolated sections or virtual machines. It, thus, allows a single server to effectually run several machines at a time, enabling multiple users to work without the need to have their own physical hardware. Users can directly run a hypervisor on a bare metal hardware or can run it on other operating systems such as Linux. Windows Hyper-V VPS are reliable, scalable, reliable and highly available, which can be administered using a central management interface called as System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM).
VPS Comparison—How does Virtuozzo VPS Work?
Virtuozzo VPS uses operating system-level or container-based virtualization technology. In this kind of virtualization, the kernel of an OS allows creations of several isolated instances of a server. It, thus, allows its users to have their own insulated space and enables scaling up or down of resources as per their needs. VPS Virtuozzo can be managed using three options, i.e., Virtual Control Center (a Web-based interface for remote access), a graphical user interface (GUI) interface for monitoring and management), and the command line.
VPS Hosting Comparison—Hyper-V vs. Virtuozzo
Why Hyper-V VPS ?
Microsoft’s Hyper-V technology provides various benefits for businesses seeking reliable VPS hosting environment. Firstly, Windows Hyper-V VPS is designed to function faultlessly with Windows Server products. Which means security, updates and patches are managed and taken care of without any conflicts between hypervisor and server programming. Furthermore, a Windows VPS Hyper-V VPS system will enable you to build several instances of Windows servers, each one running a diverse version of the program. This can offer a significant benefit to web developers by allowing them to test applications and programs in different OS environments. Though Hyper-V is compatible with Windows OS and not Linux, various alternatives such as Red Hat, SUSE can be used to test Linux-based applications inside a Hyper-V managed server. Hyper-V VPS also allows to set dedicated RAM allocations, which works as a good performance predictor. Hypervisor technology has the ability to respond dynamically to server use which ensures that resources are allocated as per the needs.
Why Virtuozzo VPS?
VPS Virtuozzo also provides various benefits similar to Hyper-V. The striking advantage of Virtuozzo VPS is that it can be used both with Linux or Windows OS. Installation of control panels such as Plesk (also developed by Parallels) becomes easier with VPS Virtuozzo. Any server issues, routine maintenance, among others can be notified easily using Plesk. Moreover, Virtuozzo VPS comes built-in with online graphical user interface called as Virtuozzo Power Panel. Users can use this control panel to manage their servers online.
VPS Comparison—Benefits of Hyper-V VPS Hosting over Virtuozzo VPS
- Quick Updates: Hyper V VPS hosting allows you to carry out updates yourself, so that you can manage your server as per your schedule. Virtuozzo demands updates to be first “sanctioned” by Parallels, before it is being installed in a VPS system.
- Live migrations: Windows Hyper-V VPS allows live migrations of running machines without any downtime. With Hyper-V, you can constantly monitor the network and if there is over utilization of any node then it automatically transfers the virtual machine from the backend. In VPS Virtuozzo, migration can only happen post rebooting the machine.
- Install software without restrictions: Since Windows VPS Hyper-V is virtualized on bare metal hardware; you will not face any software compatibility issues. However, with VPS Virtuozzo that is not the case.
- Built on hardware: Since Hyper-V VPS is built on hardware, massive OS to support every RAM is not required.
- Doesn’t oversell the Host Server: Hyper-V VPS does not allow overselling of resources. This means whatever RAM space you subscribe for, that is only allocated to you.
Why Sign up with Apps4Rent?
- Service from a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.
- Hyper V hosting services at a bare minimum price starting at $49/month.
- Choice of Linux or Windows operating systems.
- Regular data backups.
- Data security.
- 99.9% uptime.
- Web based control panel.
- Software installation support.
- 24x7x365 monitoring.
- Unlimited server reboots with server administration plans.
- Patch management.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of mail servers, web servers, DNS servers, database servers.
- Firewall installation.
- 24/7 technical support.
- Server Trouble Shooting and Optimization.